We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self Assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax and the planning opportunities available to you. Over recent years HMRC have increased the penalties for failing to file a return on time and for errors. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.
Personal tax planning
Everyone who is subject to taxation needs professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and ensure they meet the compliance requirements. Our specialist tax team can provide you with year-round advice on all aspects of personal taxation.
Few of us like to think about dying; however the relevant legislation requires us to plan well in advance. This means making the necessary provisions now. There are many tax opportunities available and the earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of our complicated tax system.
It is important when planning to transfer an estate that adequate provision is made and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight – along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- help with planning and reviewing a will
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management.
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process. We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration
- advice on VAT planning and administration
- use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- help with completing VAT returns
- planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.